Educational Facilities and Clinic
The Georgia School of Orthodontics focuses on providing residents an in-depth clinical education at our two state-of-the-art clinical, research and administrative facilities. Residents start orthodontic cases comprised of various types of malocclusions, applying contemporary practice management systems. Each resident will become fully-versed in providing patients with the highest standard of patient care in the most efficient manner possible. The program’s primary goal is to provide underserved patients with affordable access to orthodontic care. The clinic’s readily accessible location and affordable fees allow residents to truly make a difference in the lives of their patients.
View photos of our educational and clinical facilities below, or visit our campuses for an in-depth tour.
Our cutting edge classrooms and learning center feature:
- Digital Podiums to elevate the effectiveness of lectures
- Panasonic 6,500 Lumen, LCD Projectors for high quality presentations and video conferencing
- Fiber optic and high speed wireless internet throughout GSO facilities
- Recessed JBL ceiling speakers, Audix high output microphones and ZoomSHOT 20 HD Professional Cameras for video conferencing, recording and playback
- Crestron Educational Automated Solutions utilized throughout to create a dynamic learning environment
- Edvance 360 is a learning management system and secure social network that emphasizes relationships, community, and collaboration over courses and course content. We recognize that students of all types, all ages, and all locations learn from each other, from their interactions with their professors, and from collaboration, not just content. Originally created in 2004, Edvance360 LMS-SN is the oldest existing LMS company. It recently released Version 8, which includes a number of wizards and a more responsive design interface, making it even easier to use. Finalist and winner of the CODiE Awards for Best LMS over eight years running, we strive to continually push the evolution of elearning beyond its current form and boundaries.
- Campus Café is a single database Student Information System that unifies Admissions, Student Services, Business Office and Alumni/Development functions. Campus Café provides GSO with a single record for the entire resident life-cycle and eliminates countless hours of manual processes while freeing up resources for strategic initiatives. Historical data always carries forward as applicants become residents, and residents become alumni.
Our advanced clinical technology features:
- CS3600, 3D Intraoral Scanners – We are the FIRST orthodontic program in the nation to have the CS3600, 3D Intraoral Scanner, and we have two of them! These scanners provide greater accuracy and speed for virtual treatment planning, and eliminate the need for impressions or plaster for our patients. You also don’t have to worry about taking those awkward intraoral photos.
- Cone Beam Extraoral Scanner – Our Cone Beam Extraoral Scanner greatly reduces our patients’ exposure to radiation. This scanner uses a pulsed X-ray, which means a lower dosage for our patients. It also allows residents to select 2D or 3D high resolution imaging resolution imaging for a more accurate diagnosis and treatment planning.
These amazing pieces of technology are just a few examples of how we invest in the latest orthodontic advancements to benefit our residents and our patients. Our state-of-the-art clinics utilize 100% electronic records for maximum efficiency. Our doctors have access to all patient records with the click of a mouse, which proves extremely valuable should a patient contact us after clinic hours with an emergency situation. In addition, our treatment areaa includes top-of-the-line equipment that provides visual aids and computerization for patient explanation and education.